Nouveau à Days of War ? Consultez notre dossier complet de présentation du jeu : Présentation Days of War

Infos supplémentaires sur la prochaine version 2.0 !

Discussions sur DoW, le jeu, son contenu, c'est ici !
France panteror
Administrateur
Administrateur
Chargement…

Message par panteror » il y'a 1 mois 1 semaine (11 avril 2018, 10:10)

Voici un extrait d'une intervention de Lee sur Discord cette nuit. On apprend plusieurs choses sur la prochaine version 2.0 du jeu :
  • Les 6 nouvelles maps sont terminées et maintenant en phase de polish et recherche des derniers bugs.
  • Ils sont en pleine réflexion sur le retravail des 4 anciennes maps pour atteindre les nouveaux standards de la version 2.0 (Optimisation, gameplay,...), peut être qu'ils les ajouteront dans le steam workshop afin que l'on puisse toujours y jouer en attendant leur retravail et pour que les mappeurs amateurs puissent proposer leur version.
  • 2 autres cartes sont aussi en cours, devraient sortir après la 2.0.
  • Il y'a un rééquilibrage des classes et des équipes afin qu'elles soient moins symétriques (retrait de certaines armes, modification des caractéristiques).
  • Au niveau codage, ils sont entrain d'implémenter un système social avancé en lien avec la VOIP afin de pouvoir rejoindre facilement les parties.
  • Ils vont migrer vers la version 4.19 de l'Unreal Engine une fois que la partie Social VOIP sera terminée.
[22:53] Lee: alright guys time to wring some info out of me
[22:58] Forcewhut: lol
[22:58] MrTC: damnit lee!!!
[22:58] Forcewhut: hows the last map coming along
[23:00] Lee: ok so we just passed a pretty big milestone
[23:00] Lee: which was our 6th map for the update completed
[23:00] Lee: so thats 6 new maps
[23:01] Lee: and when i say completed i mean the art is completed, we're probably going to spend the rest of this month just polishing em up
[23:02] Lee: some people pointed out an influx of activity in our steam builds, thats us doing rapid turn QA on the new maps
[23:03] Lee: force i saw youd voiced a concern about foliage and optimization
[23:04] Lee: basic answer is all our new stuff looks better AND runs better across the board
[23:05] Lee: ill give you a quick benchmark
[23:06] Lee: ive got a gtx 970 and I believe i was getting around 100-110 fps on carentan
[23:07] Lee: which would sometimes dip into the 60s by the allied spawn where all the foliage is
[23:08] Lee: 167fps
[23:08] Lee: thats snapped from dockyard
[23:08] Lee: on max settings
[23:09] Lee: on all low settings i hit the fps cap of 200
[23:10] Lee: mind you theres still optimization we can do in this map, but even before we do our optimization passes we're starting higher than we were before
[23:11] Forcewhut: so the mappool is 10 maps? on the trello i counted more but that could be maps that were renamed in the completed for 2.0 list
[23:12] Lee: we have the 6 new ones, and 2 in progress as shown in trello
[23:12] Lee: still debating what to do with the old 4 maps
[23:12] Forcewhut: keep working on them lol
[23:13] Lee: but before we mess around with the old stuff or push on anything else new, we're going to be polishing the crap out of the new 6 for 2.0
[23:13] Lee: which means optimization, art polish, exploit prevention, and gameplay tweaks
[23:14] Lee: then we'll bring em to you guys for feedback
[23:14] Forcewhut: im shocked its so quiet
[23:14] Schmiddi: So,we will get them in may as everything goes well?
[23:15] Lee: hah should i drop a @ here
[23:15] Lee: so at minimum we'll have 6 new, polished maps
[23:15] Lee: once we finish those we'll probably work on the other 2 works in progress
[23:15] vR - Dadas: Nice :grinning::ok_hand:
[23:15] Lee: so could be up to 8
[23:17] Forcewhut: 12 maps is a good number seeing as BAT44 has so few atm and even dods has 9
[23:17] Lee: oh and for a low end benchmark our pc with a gtx560 runs dockyard at around 100 fps
[23:17] jeffu: can we see the layouts of all 6 maps?
[23:18] Lee: no jeffu, we don't want any armchair quarterbacking until we're ready for actual testing :smiley:
[23:18] Forcewhut: community maps are in the works (or they were) so there's a lot of content to play as far as maps go
[23:18] Lee: but they are all better than the original 4
[23:19] MrTC: The original 4 will stay?
[23:19] Forcewhut: i was going to ask this a couple weeks ago,, but
[23:19] Lee: we want to make sure when we start getting feedback again we have the capacity to actually act on it
[23:19] Forcewhut: when all the new weapons come intothe game, will there be more classes or will it be some sort of custom layout
[23:20] Forcewhut: switch this weapon for that weapon kind of thing
[23:20] Lee: i will say we've rethought the classes
[23:20] Lee: and one goal of ours for 2.0 is to have more asymmetry between the teams
[23:21] Lee: we think they were too similar before
[23:21] Schmiddi: Yeah, asymmetry was something that was a bit lost in the 1.4 build
[23:21] Lee: TC the original 4 are still up for debate
[23:22] Lee: if they remain in 2.0 they will need to be rebuilt to match the current performance levels
[23:23] Forcewhut: the 4 we have now just need more feedback and some need major layout tweaks before they could be played on a comp level or even a casual fun level
[23:23] Lee: agreed
[23:23] Lee: if we ever remove a map from the official rotation at bare minimum we'd throw it on the steam workshop
[23:24] Schmiddi: Kaltenberg is not bad, but the last flag has on both sides only two ways to cap. All really good dods maps had at least 3 ways
[23:24] Bram: Nice :sunglasses:
[23:25] Forcewhut: its something to think about later on.
[23:25] Lee: yea either way we want 2.0 to feel new
[23:25] Lee: which means not seeing the same old stuff we already know
[23:26] Lee: either got to be fixed up and improved or it probably won't make the cut
[23:27] Lee: so that pretty much covers the maps
[23:27] Lee: on the programming side we're waiting on 2 main things
[23:27] Forcewhut: game launch time lol
[23:27] Lee: hah
[23:28] Lee: basically we loved the new voip so much we wanted to build out the social features along with it
[23:29] Lee: so you can party up and talk outside of a server
[23:29] Lee: then join together
[23:29] chrismo1233: That sounds cool
[23:29] Lee: which is actually a bit more complex than it probably sounds
[23:30] Lee: so george is finishing that feature set off along with all the extra UI it has required
[23:31] Lee: the other big thing is UE4.19
[23:31] Lee: which we'll be migrating to after the social features are done
[23:32] Lee: 4.19 has a lot of optimizations for large player counts from fortnite
[23:33] Lee: and after that its just polishing and testing until we're happy with it all
[23:34] Lee: so i'll stick around for a little while and answer any questions i can
[23:40] MrTC: Cool! I'm glad to hear that you are not going to totally get rid of the older maps, especially omaha
[23:40] MrTC: With the new VoIP, can you talk to team mates or global chat like you had before?
[23:42] Forcewhut: lets have discussion about what could make the 4 maps better :smiley:
[23:44] Forcewhut: omaha needs to be less of a plateau on top. maybe move some of the plants back and have routes uptop. some long range and some like the trenches. but make it more about fighting on top than fighting on the beach.
[23:45] Lee: yep so party, team, and global are the 3 channels
[23:45] Lee: and im all ears to suggestions on how to improve existing maps
[23:45] Lee: first thing for omaha is we'd probably just start the allies on the beach
[23:46] Lee: since allowing people to ride on top of a vehicle is just a networking nightmare
[23:47] Forcewhut: idk if you have pregression worked out in maps but the boats are fine but lets say the pillbox gets blown then have teh allies spawn prone in a pit or on the sides
[23:47] Lee: you mean spawn progression?
[23:47] Forcewhut: yeah
[23:47] Lee: we actually had that figured out since omaha v1
[23:47] Lee: because we spawned out at sea first then on the shore
[23:48] Lee: id like to see an omaha thats deeper with 1 or 2 advancing spawns as the allies progress
[23:51] Forcewhut: for foy i think having the allies blow the objectives twice would lengthen the matches. its really easy for allies to win foy in under 2 minutes.
[23:51] MrTC: that sounds pretty good
[23:51] MrTC: depends on how well the axis play
[23:51] MrTC: on foy
[23:52] Forcewhut: yeah axis can easily win too
[23:54] Forcewhut: i think its a pretty good map i just think that removing access to that road in the back should be done. unless foy was going to be a lot longer of a map, i don't see why axis can walk all the way back there.
[23:54] Lee: foys a mess
[23:56] Forcewhut: minor route edits could make it a good map
[23:56] Lee: yea the nice part is its fairly easy to remap the routes in that map
[23:56] Lee: or even just open it up more
[23:57] Lee: right now it funnels down from totally open to one narrow street
[23:58] Forcewhut: its not one that need a lot of work to make better.
[00:10] Arachnid ??: map editor ready?
[00:11] Forcewhut: .....and how user friendly is it?
[00:12] Lee: its on the final polish and implementation stage
[00:12] Lee: because if its not user friendly theres no point in having it
[00:13] Lee: but much of that works already been done
[00:13] Lee: we've improved upon the editors from other ue4 games that are out there
[00:13] Lee: trying to make as plug and play as possible
[00:14] chrismo1233: Foy is a tricky one as the final stage of the map just shifts to one side
[00:14] chrismo1233: Good to hear map editor is pretty much there. Will be nice to see what people come up with
[00:14] chrismo1233: The far cry 5 creations have got me thinking about dow editor again.
[02:10] COACH: Good to hear of lots of progression
[04:57] jeffu: @Lee is there a better point calculator/tracker instead of just full caps?
[04:58] Lee: not yet but thats something id like to look into
[05:02] Lee: that kind of gameplay logic is super easy to implement but thats a part of the code base we have to be very careful when messing with as its easy to introduce game breaking bugs
[05:03] Lee: which is why stuff like that has been on the backlog for a while
[05:25] Forcewhut: Dods was simple. After someone capped a flag, every 15 seconds the teams were given 1 point per flag cap. Lot of the times it was the middle flag that determined that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[11:40] panteror: Hi, I read your intervention on discord last night. As i was sleeping, I could not ask my questions :).
About Social Features
1) You talked about voip but do you implement the steam friends and steam browser features ? in order to see game informations and to join a game with steam friends and through steam browser favorites server, it's a big lack.
About Changes in teams
2) It's a very good decision to make teams asymmetry, did you remove some weapons for teams to be like dod for example with only a garand for allied (no more springfield) ? Did you do a mix of rifleman/marksman classes or did you change only weapons characteristics ?
About Maps
3) Old maps should stay in 2.0 even if you don't have time to tweak and change now. Some new players didn't play it yet and we cant restart again with only 6 maps. So 10 maps at 2.0 start will be fine.
4) The 6 new maps are domination gameplay mode ?
About others
5) What is the state of the progression system and the new user interface. It was in progress in december, but now is it finished ? in your screen of dockyard, it's the old GUI :)
6) Linux server ? any hope ?
7) Can you reopen the forum to gather feedbacks about old maps.
Thanks to take time to answer.(modifié)
[14:42] Lee: 1) yes steam friends is already implemented
[14:43] Lee: 2) some guns are going to be removed, they may return later
[14:45] Lee: 3) i might agree with you here but others dont, and we definitely don't want to have maps that are less optimized relative to our new ones. as i said earlier steam workshop is our backup for anything that gets scrapped
[14:45] Lee: 4) yes
[14:45] Lee: 5) hud is still the same, will probably be the last thing we change, though we have inventory icons in the hud now
[14:47] Lee: 6) ill be making pitch to george about bringing it back. It's a fair amount of overhead, and complicates our server testing. If 4.19 brings a bunch of server optimization its more likely
[14:47] Lee: 7) will look into this
[14:57] Lee: also on 2) we're changing some guns to be less similar to each other
Dernière modification par panteror le 11 avril 2018, 20:53, modifié 6 fois.

France Skw4ll
1ère classe
1ère classe
Chargement…

Message par Skw4ll » il y'a 2 semaines 22 heures (07 mai 2018, 11:30)

Très intéressant, est-ce qu'il existe un Workshop du jeu sur steam ou les amateurs peuvent proposer leurs maps etc ? J'adorerai revoir des maps tel que Avalanche ou Donner sur DoD:S avec le moteur Unreal Engine ça doit envoyer sévère.

France panteror
Administrateur
Administrateur
Chargement…

Message par panteror » il y'a 2 semaines 22 heures (07 mai 2018, 11:38)

@Skw4ll oui le workshop et l'éditeur de carte est prévue pour la 2.0, en décembre c'était presque terminé donc 6 mois après j'ose espérer que c'est finalisé. Cela permettra en effet de le retour de nombreux remakes dod et dods.

Les dernières interventions interessantes sur le discord de lee la semaine dernière
[15:36] Lee: the testbuild activity is just george goin hard at squashing all the comms bugs and quirks
[15:36] Lee: finally gettin to the end there
[15:37] Lee: other activity this week has been making a tool to make it easier for us to rebalance guns and recoil based on feedback
[15:38] Lee: and adding a few new variables to our recoil system
[15:39] Lee: and saber we do have a test system like pubg except currently only we have access to it
[15:42] Reiser: sounds good
[15:42] chrismo1233: @Lee I know you don't like putting dates to things. But do you think we will have anything playable this month? Be it public or private?
[15:43] Lee: i don't have enough information to make that call right now
[15:43] chrismo1233: That's cool
[15:44] Lee: we still need to integrate 4.19
[15:44] Lee: and that could take a couple days or a couple weeks
[15:45] Lee: but the good news is thats pretty much the last 'unknown' for us
[15:45] chrismo1233: Awesome
[15:45] Lee: the other things on the todo list are just the tedious little things
[15:45] chrismo1233: Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly
[15:46] Lee: im not worried, i think itll be more of a question of how many of the new 4.19 features do we want to take advantage of
[15:48] chrismo1233: How bout that news post? :p
[15:53] panteror: the map polish is finished ?
[15:55] Lee: ongoing
[15:55] panteror: new user interface too ?
[15:56] Lee: yep
[15:56] panteror: george finished the social voip integration ?
[15:56] Lee: thats what hes been finalizing the last couple days
[16:06] panteror: Sounds good for a june launch :)
[16:09] chrismo1233: June 6th
[16:10] chrismo1233: D-Day
[16:10] chrismo1233: 100 player event again :joy:
[16:13] Reiser: it can't be after June 25, 2018 – 15:14:05 UTC
[16:16] chrismo1233: Haha last update?
[16:18] Reiser: yes
[16:19] Lee: meaning we've done more work on this update than the KS -> EA period
Dernière modification par panteror le 07 mai 2018, 11:46, modifié 2 fois.

Répondre